Yoga and healthy food go together like peanut butter and jelly. I always crave super healthy and nutritional recipes in my regular weekly diet.
Being that breakfast is the first meal of the day, I believe that it should be fresh, light and well-balanced… but still has to give you enough energy for the morning ahead.
My breakfast of choice is a Smoothie Bowl! I love to experience it with different combinations of ingredients, but a Lime Avocado Coconut Smoothie Bowl is definitely my favourite.
This Smoothie Bowl is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free and absolutely delicious. Plus it’s simple, requiring just 15 minutes to make. I’ve provided a basic list of ingredients for you to start with, so you can then experiment and make this bowl your own, by garnishing with your own toppings.
Preparation: 15 mins
* 2 tbs whipped coconut cream
* 1/2 avocado
* 1/2 lime
* 1 banana
* Almond or soy milk (amount depending how thick you want your smoothie)
Garnish (any topping what you prefer: fruits, berries, nuts, seeds, granola etc).
* goji berry
* chopped peanuts
* coconut flakes
1. First whip coconut cream (better if you prepare it the night before to save your time in the morning ):
* Refrigerate can of coconut milk or coconut cream, 8 hours or overnight.
* Place metal mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator or freezer 1 hour before making whipped cream.
* Open can of coconut milk, taking care not to shake it. Scoop coconut cream solids into cold mixing bowl. Reserve remaining liquid for another use.
* Beat coconut cream using electric mixer with chilled beaters on medium speed; then turn to high speed. Beat until stiff peaks form, for 2 to 5 minutes. Optional: add maple syrup and vanilla extract to coconut cream; beat for 1 minute more. Taste and add more syrup if desired.
* Best to use it immediately, but it can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. It will harden in the fridge, so simply blend with a hand mixer on high speed until creamy again.
2. Puree the smoothie ingredients until very smooth and creamy.
3. Pour into bowls or glasses, then top with the garnish ingredients (if desired).
Serve cold and enjoy 😊