1. A mat is only one thing you need to start (you can bring your own or use mats at the studio).
2. Simple comfortable clothing (any comfortable exercise pants or shorts, a shirt that is a little bit fitted) , bare feet or socks.
3. You don’t need to be super flexible and strong to do yoga. That’s why you come to yoga, don’t you? Be patient, keep practicing and everything comes in time.
4. Remember a yoga teacher is not doctor. If you have a medical condition, ask your doctor for advice about your practice.
5. Don’t eat for a minimum 2 hours before yoga practice (better if it is small healthy snack such as fruit, yogurt, light salad).
6. Best time for yoga is early morning, before breakfast or around sunset, just before dinner.
7. Challenge your limits carefully. Do only as much as you comfortably can do in the present moment and then stretch a little more to improve your body's flexibility.
8. Don’t compare yourself to other students in the class. Everyone has a different body and level of experience. Keep in mind - yoga is not a competition.
9. Breathe! Come out from the pose if you lose your natural breath.
10. Be a regular yogi. There's only one way to see the magic influence of yoga on your mind and body, which is to keep practicing.
11. Practice frequently. Little and often is more effective than occasional long yoga sessions.
12. Have sense of humor. Don’t take yoga too serious. Humility and an inner smile. It’s ok to be playful and laugh.
13. Ask questions. Perhaps the most important tip is to always ask questions when you don't understand something.
14. Finally relax. You deserve. Don’t skip the final pose (Savasana) at the end of the class. Allow your body to absorb all benefits it received from your class and relax for 5-10 minutes.
15. Love your body - it can do amazing things. It will surprise you!